Skip to main content
- Robinson, Suzanne (ed), Passions of a Mighty Heart: Selected Letters of G.W.L. Marshall-Hall, Melbourne: Lyrebird Press Australia. 2015.
- Percy Grainger in the Company of Strangers (Exhibition catalogue, The Gallery @ Bayside Arts and Cultural Centre, 2015).
- Dreyfus, Kay and Suzanne Robinson (eds), Grainger the modernist, Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate Publishing, 2015.
Contributors: Graham Barwell, Michael Christoforidis, Sarah Collins, Phillip Allen Correll, Dorothy de Val, Graham Freeman, Andrew Hugill, Emily Kilpatrick, Ken Murray, Samantha Owens, Simon Perry, Suzanne Robinson, Peter Schimpf, Peter Tregear and John Whiteoak.
- Mellers, Wilfred (ed),The Free Music Machine drawings of Percy Grainger, Clonmel, Tipperary: Coracle, 2014.
- Lee-Browne, Martin and Paul Guinery, Delius and his music, Woodbridge, Suffolk: Boydell Press, 2014.
- Radic, Thérèse and Suzanne Robinson (eds), Marshall-Hall's Melbourne: music, art and controversy 1891-1915, Melbourne: Australian Scholarly Publishing, 2012.
- Nemec, Belinda, Autobiographical Museums, in Kate Hill (ed.), Museums and Biographies: Stories, Objects, Identities, Boydell Press, 2012
- Balough, Teresa (ed.), Comrades in art: The correspondence of Ronald Stevenson and Percy Grainger, 1957-61, with interviews, essays and other writings on Grainger by Ronald Stevenson, London: Toccata Press, 2010.
- Karg-Elert, Sigfrid, The harmony of the soul: Sigfrid Karg-Elert's letters "to his Australian friends" / compiled, translated and annotated by Harold Fabrikant., Caulfield: H. Fabrikant, 2010.
- Thwaites, Penelope (ed.), The New Percy Grainger Companion, Woodbridge, Suffolk: Boydell Press.
Contributors: Brian Allison, Teresa Balough, Roger Covell, Kay Dreyfus, Lewis Foreman, Paul Jackson, James Judd, James Koehne, Astrid Britt Krautschneider, Barry Peter Ould, Stewart Manville, Murray Mclachlan, Timothy Reynish, Bruce Clunies Ross, Desmond Scott, Peter Sculthorpe, Geoffrey Simon, Ronald Stevenson, Stephen Varcoe, David Walker
- Garofalo, Robert J., (ed.), Wind band/ensemble anthology folk songs & dances in wind band classics, vol. 4: Folk songs & dances in Lincolnshire Posy by Percy Grainger, Silver Spring MD: Whirlwind Music Publications, 2008.
- Gillies, Malcolm and David Pear, 'Percy Grainger and American Nordicism', in Julie Brown (ed.), Western music and race, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007, pp. 115–24.
- Gillies, Malcolm & David Pear (eds), Portrait of Percy Grainger(University of Rochester Press, 2002).
- Radic, Thérèse, G.W.L. Marshall-Hall: A biography & catalogue(Marshall-Hall Trust, 2002).
2010 reprint available here for download (pdf 7 Mb).
- Reidy, Susan, Fashion: The cultural imagery of clothing (exhibition catalogue, Information Division, University of Melbourne, 2002).
- Bird, John, Percy Grainger (3rd edition, Currency Press, 1998).
- Darian-Smith, Kate & Alessandro Servadei (eds), Talking Grainger: Perspectives on the life, music and legacy of Percy Grainger (Australia Centre, University of Melbourne, 1998).
- Fabrikant, Harold (ed.), The harmony of the soul: Sigfrid Karg-Elert's letters "to his Australian friends", Lenswood: Academy Music, 1996.
- Carruthers, Glen, 'Percy Grainger in Winnipeg', in G. Carruthers and G. Lazarevich (eds), A Celebration of Canada's arts 1930-1970 , Toronto: Canadian Scholars' Press, 1996, pp. 97-116.
- Servadei, Alessandro,'Percy Grainger and the musical score: An examination of the Australian composer through his notational practices in The warriors—music to an imaginary ballet', in Brenton Broadstock et al. (eds), Aflame with music: 100 years of music at the University of Melbourne (Centre for Studies in Australian Music, University of Melbourne, 1996) pp. 271–80.
- Tibbits, George, The Grainger Museum, University of Melbourne: History and conservation guidelines (University of Melbourne, 1996).
- Pear, David, 'Percy Grainger: Educator-at-large', in Brenton Broadstock et al. (eds), Aflame with music: 100 years of music at the University of Melbourne (Centre for Studies in Australian Music, University of Melbourne, 1996) pp. 261–9.
- Percy Aldridge Grainger: List of published works = Verzeichnis der ver offentlichten Werke (Mainz: Schott, 1996). English language text, with preliminary matter in English, parallel German translation.
- Thornton, Pat, 'Percy Grainger: The man through his museum', in Paper Clip Collective, Melbourne University portraits: They called it 'The shop', (Department of History, University of Melbourne with the assistance of the History of the University Unit, 1996, pp. 55–62.
- Gillies, Malcolm, 'Percy Grainger and Australian identity: The 1930s', in Nicholas Brown et al. (eds), One hand on the manuscript: Music in Australian cultural history, 1930–1960 (Australian National University, 1995) pp. 34–44.
- Balough, Teresa, A Musical genius from Australia: Selected writings by and about Percy Grainger (University of Western Australia, 1982).
- Radic, Thérèse, G.W.L. Marshall-Hall, portrait of a lost crusader: An introduction to the Marshall-Hall collection of the Grainger Museum, University of Melbourne(Department of Music, University of Western Australia, 1982. ="http:>
- Tall, David, Percy Grainger: A catalogue of the music (Schott in association with the Percy Grainger Society, 1982).