- Nemec, Belinda, The Grainger Museum in its museological and historical contexts (PhD thesis, University of Melbourne, 2006).
- Watters-Cowan, Cherie, 'Reconstructing the creative life of Australian composer Margaret Sutherland: The evidence of primary source documents' (PhD thesis, University of New South Wales, 2006).
- Purtell, Simon Andrew, 'The Melba Gift: Issues of Pitch in Melbourne in the Early Twentieth Century' (BMus (Hons) thesis, University of Melbourne, 2006).
- Dawkes, Bryony Jane, 'Race, Sex, Athletics and Art: Percy Grainger's Towelling Utopia' (Masters thesis, University of Birmingham, 2003).
- Mercer, Christine Mary, ''A Cinderella of the arts': The life of Henry Tate (1873-1926) and a preliminary music catalogue of his works' (MMus thesis, Australian Catholic University, 2003).
- Wong, Maria Goretti, 'Percy Grainger's promotion of early music to Australian audiences in 1934: A critical evaluation' (MMus thesis, University of Melbourne, 2003).
- Pearce, Rowena, 'Rediscovering Mirrie Hill (1889–1986): 'Composer in her own right'' (MMus thesis, University of Melbourne, 2002).
- Pearce, Rowena, 'Mirrie Hill (1889–1986): Rediscovering the Australian composer and pedagogue' (BMus Special Studies paper, University of Melbourne, 2000).
- Pear, David, 'Percy Grainger as 'educator-at-large': The formation, expression and propagation of his manliness' (PhD thesis, University of Queensland, 1998).
- Poole, Lisa Simone, 'Percy Grainger's "Lust-Branch": Exhibitionism on display', PostGrad.Dip. thesis, University of Melbourne, School of Fine Arts, Classical Studies and Archaeology, 1998. Copy held in the Elisabeth Murdoch Research Library, School of Culture and Communication, University of Melbourne.
- Wong, Maria Goretti, 'Was Grainger an ethnomusicologist?' (BMus Special Studies Paper, University of Melbourne, 1998).
- Servadei, Alessandro, 'A critical edition and exploration of Percy Grainger's The warriors—music to an imaginary ballet' (MMus thesis, University of Melbourne, 1996).
- McCreadie, Mary, 'Percy Grainger: The evolution of 'free music'', (BA Lit/Mus Hons thesis, University of Essex, 1994).
- Servadei, Alessandro, 'Percy Grainger's Hill-Songs: The culmination of his early musical experiments' (BMus Special Studies paper, 1993).
- Riddle, Glenn Allan Keith, 'The pianism of Percy Grainger: A study of his score annotations' (MMus thesis, University of Melbourne, 1990).
- Bird, Jennifer Rebecca Anne, 'From the English gothic music of Percy Grainger: Angelus ad virginem and Princesse of youth' (BMus Hons thesis, University of Melbourne, 1990).
- Reeves, Helen Milton, 'The "past-hoard-house": A study of the Grainger Museum' (thesis for Graduate Diploma, James Cook University, 1984).
- Anderson, Peter James, 'The innovative music of Percy Grainger: An examination of the origins and development of free music' (MMus thesis, University of Melbourne, 1980).
- O'Brien, Jane, 'Percy Grainger: English folk song and the Grainger English folk song collections (PhD thesis, La Trobe University, 1979).
- Bebbington, Warren Arthur, 'The Operas of G.W.L. Marshall-Hall' (M.Mus. thesis, University of Melbourne, 1978).
- Thacker, Eric Charles, 'George Percy Grainger (1882-1961), professionally known as Percy Aldridge Grainger: A biographical estimate' (PhD thesis, University of Melbourne, 1970).